Basic Eye tests are free for:
- over 60's
- under 16's and under 19's in full time education
- Glaucoma sufferers and those over 40 who are the parent/brother/sister/child of a person who has glaucoma
- Those who have been diagnosed by a consultant ophthalmologist as being at risk of developing glaucoma
- The blind and partially sighted
- People on income support or family credit
- People who receive disability working allowance and have capital less than a specified amount
- People who receive an income based job seekers allowance
- People entitled to NHS complex lens vouchers
- Those who have a valid HC2 certificate If you are not sure about whether you qualify for a free eye test, we are willing to discuss your entitlements with you.
An additional top up charge of £10.00 is payable for a fuller eye test.